Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Finding my Nitch

Well, it is another chilly day in Pennsylvania.  I have made a cup of coffee and have been snuggled under a beautiful blanket that my sister-in-law has made for my husband and I.  She is very talented in crocheting.  I however, am NOT talented in this.  I made 1 scarf that turned out terrible and a few dish rags that were not much better.  I keep thinking that I will some day find that wonderful talent but I just can't seem to find my nitch.  I told my husband that maybe it is sewing and I asked for a simple sewing machine.  He sort-of giggled at me and I am still waiting for that sewing machine.  I just can't find what that "thing" is I am good at crafting.  I'm not talented in crafts or painting or writing.  I guess I'll just keep waiting until I find out what I am good at.  When I find out, I will let you know!  Until then, Happy Wednesday.
Oh, the picture above is the one and only scarf that I made for my little sister for Christmas a couple of years ago.

4 Comments:

At March 9, 2011 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Holly C. said...

Wendy!-that scarf looks great! I think the more you crochet the better you get and if that's your first attempt, then you will be a master crocheter in no time flat. And you are very talented in many areas, Missy!

I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas one year and Larry went with our friend, Kevin Hoffman, to Walmart and got me one-unbeknownst to me. It sat in its unopened box for over a year until one day I made myself get it out and taught myself (with the help of the booklet that came with it) how to sew. Right now I'm not into sewing though-too tedious for me!

Hey, you should put your pics within the posts. That way they will stay with your words.

 
At March 10, 2011 at 10:47 AM , Blogger A Friend on the Farm said...

I don't know how to put pictures in my writings. I can't seem to figure it out.

 
At March 31, 2011 at 3:49 AM , Blogger Kim said...

Oh Wendy...I feel your pain. I'm still trying to find my nitch...I like to scrapbook but I'm not that good at it. I tried the crocheting thing and it didn't work so well either. I have yet to finish my scarf. Holly bought me a sweing machine last fall. It's out of the box but I have yet to start it up. I don't know how to thread it and can't figure out the directions. I just can't remember from 8th grade home-ec. You'll find it.

 
At March 31, 2011 at 4:34 AM , Blogger A Friend on the Farm said...

Kim, I am happy that I am not the only one who can't figure out what they are good at. I thought, surely it will come to me before I am 50!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home