Sunday, March 4, 2012

Easter/Passover



Well, yesterday I decided to try and find some scriptures about Lent and Passover.  Did you know that no one in the Bible celebrated Lent?  Actually, it was a Pagan holiday.  I found that interesting.  Then, there is Passover.  Jesus acknowledged Passover and when he had the Last Supper, he gave it a bit of a twist for us Gentiles.  He said that we are to think of him as the sacrificial lamb.  So, I decided to read some of these passages to my sons.  What a tricky thing to do!  Trying to describe to a 5 year old what happened was quite interesting.  My 8 yr. old says, "These are really good stories."  To that my 11 yr. old says, "These aren't just stories but this all truly did happen!"  Easter eggs and bunnies are cute to look at and remind us of Spring but I wanted my boys to understand WHY we celebrate the true meaning of Easter.  I told them that it is actually bigger than Christmas.  Seth didn't understand this because Santa is bigger than a bunny.  I planted a seed, but it's going to take a while with that one!

1 Comments:

At March 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Holly C. said...

It's wonderful that you are teaching them the true meaning of Easter!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home