Monday, February 6, 2012

Just being MOM

Our happy family of 5, at Myrtle Beach

My boys

A rare picture of me with the boys


So, I ask the boys tonight... "If there was something different that I could do to be a better mom, what would that be?" 
Kolby spoke first. "Well, he said, you could not yell so much to clean our rooms."
Brock had a nervous look on his face and kept asking, "Why? Why did you ask us this?"
He looked as if I was falling off of a cliff and he would never see me again.  He told me that
I was a great mom. 
Seth says "Mom, your wonderful and I love you.  You are perfect." 
Then, Kolby says, "Well, you are a pretty good mom, I guess."
Brock still looks nervous like I am going to fall out of this chair and disappear forever.  I think
I made him nervous.
I tell the boys I am not perfect that no person is.   I am trying however to be a better mother.  It
is hard to have 3 boys and not go a little nutty at times with keeping a nice and tidy house.
Especially, now that we live in a MUCH larger home.  I've learned in my old age (of 34) to
relax a little more than when I first became a mother and to listen to my sons more.  They will not
be this young for long and I will miss them when they grow up.  I don't want them to reflect back when they are my age and say that I yelled at them or was always grumpy.  I try and be fun but they do respect me and know when I mean business, I MEAN BUSINESS!  Sometimes we get
into a routine and do not want to stop but when one of my boys says they need me, I have been stopping what I am doing to see what they need or listen to them instead of my radio when I am
making supper.  Mothers aren't perfect and I know I definately am not but I'm happy that for now,
my boys think that I am!

3 Comments:

At February 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Holly C. said...

You are a wise woman and a wonderful mother!

I'm going to text my daughter this question and I'll get back to you with what she says. This should be interesting!

 
At February 6, 2012 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Holly C. said...

She said "Nothing." But added that if I would have asked her that when she was in high school, it would have been a different answer!

I was actually tickled pink with that answer!

 
At February 7, 2012 at 11:59 AM , Blogger A Friend on the Farm said...

Holly, I love that our kids love us! Hope is becoming so much like you and she is a lucky lady. You are a WONDERFUL person.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home